Heelies!

Discussion of Sports here
UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 am

Depending on my ice skating prowess, I may or may not be getting a pair (and thus necessitating many visits to the hospital :P)

Heeling is a bit like roller blading, only using regular-looking sneakers, and one wheel in the back heel (two if you have a training style shoe like Rebel). A few pairs come with SOAP grinding pads (as the company which makes heelies bought the company in 2002), which allow you to grind down rails.

If anyone's read Big Brother recently, Melissa has a pair of Heely-like shoes mentioned in the first chapter (one wheel in the front, one wheel in the back, which can be locked into the sole or flicked out like a roller blade).

Heely-SOAP hybrids are more expensive than regular pairs, and very rarely appear. I've seen two styles available in the past seven months or so, one which was
Deep into that darkness peering,
Long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting,
Dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before

Akili
Mastermind

Heelies!

Post by Akili » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:37 am

oh man, I've been want those since you first show me a pic *sighs* Stupid PS3, costing so much bloody money (and collage, lets not forget that :lol: *
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. - Carl Sagan

Julia456
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by Julia456 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh, God. Heelies.

These are the bane of my school existence. Students are not allowed to wear them on campus for safety reasons - and yet they do. And they skate around on them. And I yell at them. And they looked wounded and surprised, like they haven't ever heard this before. So then I have them take out the wheels if they're removable. And then the kids are mad at me. Plus, then I have to notify the BRT (read: dean) about the violation and it's just a pain in the butt.

But I hope you have a lot of fun with yours, Mel!

:lol:
"Nothing good ever comes from forty-foot-tall armored robots."

UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:35 pm

Okay, I know, almost five months later (but that's the time it usually takes to wear down my mum ;)).

I've been digging and digging to find a pair, and after a load of debating (mainly over whether to get Torch or Evolution, and which colour) I've gone for a more basic style, Slide 7105.

According to the heelypedia on heelytalk.com, it's a rarer style, and considering I've spent the past few months trying to find a pair, I'd say that estimate is true :p

Two reasons why I got this model: one, it's what's classed as a "stealth shoe" (meaning it's less noticable that it's actually a Heelys shoe) and two, it's rarer than Torch, so I'm more likely to find a Torch model when/if I want to move up to grind plates and vert ramps.

They should turn up sometime next week once credit has been cleared and they're sent in the mail, so wish me luck, and I'll let you know how I get on!

Akili
Mastermind

Heelies!

Post by Akili » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:37 pm

*oohs and ahhs* Nice ones, I really can't wait until you get yours so you can tell us how much fun they are ^_^
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. - Carl Sagan

Julia456
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by Julia456 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:20 am

Those look nice!

Please don't break your neck. :lol:

UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Akili wrote:*oohs and ahhs* Nice ones, I really can't wait until you get yours so you can tell us how much fun they are ^_^
And I assume you may be getting a pair if I say they're fun? :p
Julia456 wrote:Those look nice!

Please don't break your neck. :lol:
:lol: Pretty much what my mum's said "Don't break your neck, and don't heely where you can get run over!" There's a few places on campus where I'll be able to heely safely, and I'll be dragging my bf along, just in case.

UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:42 am

*sighs* All right, perhaps not...

Apparently there's been a major cock-up with my order: they didn't receive it and they're out of stock on that style. I just had a message left for me from them, asking me to call them back and discuss a different shoe style to buy.

Apparently it'll be sent first class and with a free pair of laces this time.

Julia456
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by Julia456 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:57 am

Awww, that's a bummer!

Don't break your neck on the new ones, either.

UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:07 pm

*mutters* Had another call about an hour ago: they couldn't process the card details (Mark's), so I had to give them my card details, but it means that it should be winging its way to me very soon.

It's a good thing I chose two more models before I phoned: my second choice was also discontinued.

Akili
Mastermind

Heelies!

Post by Akili » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:32 pm

:hug: I'm sorry you're choices aren't in stock. But at least they're not sending you icky pink ones

UKHoneyB
Mad Genius

Heelies!

Post by UKHoneyB » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:57 pm

Well, after a load of chaos and confusion, I finally got my heelys today. It's gonna be a while before I can think of doing any tricks on them though ^^;;